ABOUT GRENDENE UK LIMITED
Grendene UK Limited ("Grendene") is a luxury clothing accessories brand, specialising in designer footwear trading under the brand Melissa. Grendene, with an address of 16 Great Queen Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2B 5AH, is a subsidiary of Grendene SA a company incorporated in Brazil. The Website is owned, operated and provided by Grendene and/or one of its affiliates or subsidiaries.
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of all personal data held by complying with the requirements of the Data Protection Act1998 ("DPA") with respect to the processing of personal data.
If you provide information about any person other than yourself, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that you are authorised to disclose it to us and that they consent to your disclosing their information on their behalf before doing so.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND THE PURPOSE OF THE COLLECTION
In order to facilitate navigation of the Website and in order to provide you with the services you require, you may be asked to provide your information to Grendene, which on occasion may include personal data (information that could reasonably be used to identify you). You are not obliged to provide that information, but by refusing to do so, Grendene may not be able to provide you with all the services available on the Website.
We collect information about you that you provide us (e.g. when you register on the Website or contact Customer Services), automatically (e.g. through cookies (please see the cookies policy for further information on cookies and the cookies used on the Website)) and from other sources (e.g. commercially available sources such as public databases and data aggregators to the extent permitted under the DPA).
The information, including personal data, we may collect consists of:
- Your personal details including contact details such as your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, nationality and occupation;
- Membership details, passwords, order histories and payment histories;
- Credit card information, including the name of the card holder, the card number, security code and expiry date;
- Bank account information, including the name of the bank account holder and bank account details;
- Your shopping habits; and
- Other transaction information, including information and details that are relevant to the products(s) and delivery options you have purchased and/or are interested.
We may collect sensitive personal data concerning health matters from or about you if you contact Customer Services and choose to share this information with a member of our Customer Services team.
Grendene automatically collects information (from which you would not be personally identified) about your use of the Website, including details of when you access and use the services and Website, the IP address, operating system, browser software, operating system information, metadata and other such information stored on your device and information on the location of your device.
Your personal data that we collect online will only be disclosed within our corporate group and affiliates for internal purposes and to third parties who are processing this data on our behalf e.g. for operational and fraud protection purposes such as shipping and credit card verification. All orders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. We will only disclose your personal data to other third parties if you have expressly agreed and authorised us to do so. We may share your personal data with any entity that acquires the relevant part of Grendene's business or assets.
We collect and may use your information, including personal data, for the following purposes:
- To identify the customer;
- To provide the services you request from us;
- To process your membership application for the services;
- To administer and manage account activities;
- To communicate with you in the event that any services requested are unavailable or if there is a query or problem with your order;
- To handle your account enquiries and your complaints, including but not limited to concerns regarding suspicious transactions;
- To create new products and services;
- To inform you of operation and commercial information related to products and services;
- To improve our marketing and promotional efforts by conducting market research or customer surveys for service improvements and to advertise, promote and market our goods and services to you. The use of your personal data for marketing activities including research and surveys will only be undertaken where we have obtained your express consent to do so;
- To evaluate the use of our Website, products and services and understand your shopping habits;
- To tailor and customise our Website content, layout and services so that your experience can be enhanced;
- To analyse the effectiveness of our advertisements;
- To compile aggregate statistics on Website usage, generate reports and analyse the findings;
- To make such disclosures as required by the applicable laws, rules and regulations; and
- For any other purposes relating to the activities identified above.
The information, including personal data, is collected to help us improve the services and content and product offerings to you, and to deliver you a more tailored and personal experience.
Where we have obtained your express consent to do so, your personal data including your name, telephone number, mobile telephone number, email address, residential address and other details collected by us will be used for direct marketing purposes by Grendene, its affiliates and/or carefully selected third parties. This will include providing you with information about our products and special offers on the products provided by us.
Details of how to receive details of offers and newsletters are on relevant pages of this Website. If you no longer wish to receive marketing or promotional communications from us, you may inform us of your decision by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESS AND CORRECTING INFORMATION
You have the right to:
- Find out whether Grendene holds any personal data about you, and if so, get a copy of the personal data;
- Request access to the personal data held by Grendene; and
- Correct any personal data which is inaccurate.
This right also applies to any other person whose personal information you provide to us.
If you want to access and/or correct your personal data, or if you want to find out the kind of personal data held by us, please contact our data protection officer in writing either by marking any such correspondence as being "F.A.O Data Protection Officer" by post or email at: email@example.com. Alternatively, you may update the information held about you through your online account in your account profile area.
Grendene reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee (of up to £10) for complying with any data access request, as permitted under the DPA.
SECURITY, TRANSFER AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and although we take care to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted through the Website and there is a risk that any message or information you send to us from this Website may be intercepted and potentially read by others. Grendene accept no liability in respect of any transmission you sent to us and any such transmission of your personal data through our Website is at your own risk.
All personal data collected and held by us will be kept confidential. We may disclose aggregated information about you and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction and we reserve the right to transfer or disclose your personal data and other related information you have provided to us to the following parties:
- Any company within the Grendene group or their respective subsidiaries, agents or contractors for the provision of products and/or services to you;
- Any third party processing data on our behalf, including technology hosts;
- Banks, financial institutions, credit card issuing companies, debt collection agencies and other related service providers involved in the sale, administration or provision of the Services;
- Professional advisers;
- Any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to you;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy or liquidation;
- To authorised third parties to market the products or services to you; and
- Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, statutory or regulatory authorities or other similar institutions or authorities.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Grendene will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes specified above and is reasonable by law. Grendene will periodically destroy information it holds on you where it determines it is neither necessary nor reasonable for such information to continue to be stored.
CANCELLING YOUR ACCOUNT
You may cancel your account at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Telephone: 0800 048 1722
All 0800 calls are free of charge and any other calls are charged at prevailing rates from a BT landline and your mobile operator's normal charges will apply to calls from mobiles.
Grendene e-Commerce, ShopMelissa.UK, 43 King Street, London, United Kingdom, WC3E 8JY.
Please note that the Customer Services team may, on occasion, be based outside the UK.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner if you believe there to be a problem with our use of your personal data.